Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Looking for a new job can be very frustrating. As with any new adventure that you embark upon, you must have the tools necessary to be successful in your venture. Job-hunting is no different. Here's a short list of to-do's for job seekers (not in any particular order).
- Get registered with a recruiter.
- Have a killer resume (that includes "key words").
- Get LinkedIn.
- Search your network (for resources and referrals).
- If you don't have a network...BUILD ONE.
- Role play the interview with someone that will give you honest feedback.
- Get daily job alerts emailed to you (Indeed.com, Google, etc.)
- Do not post your resume on job boards (recruiters consider that low-hanging fruit).
- Prepare a short story to intro yourself in an interview (information that is NOT on your resume).
- Dress for SUCCESS!
- Check out TwitterJobSearch.com.
- Connect with Recruiters/Hiring Managers on Twitter and Facebook.
- Learn how to market your transferable skills.
- Stay focused and be disciplined.
- Take a serious look at entrepreneurship!
Kapstone Recruiting & Training Services